The National Association of Students of Architecture (NASA India) is the largest architectural student body in the world with over 300 dues-paying colleges with participation from other student bodies and colleges in India and across the globe. NASA India is an autonomous, non-profitable, non- political, non-religious, and democratic body for the undergraduate students of Architecture in India.
Goals & Objectives
- The organization aims to bridge the gap between the students and professionals of the fraternity and those affected by their outcomes.
- The objective of the organization is to create a platform for architecture students to learn, interact and grow.
- It is the voice of the student community helping students stage their opinions and issues.
Mission & Vission
BEING THE VOICE
NASA, India voices out the concerns, pitches students’ issues to find solutions pertaining to Architect and education.
BRIDGING THE GAP
All for one, one for all, together we are the vision connecting students and professionals for a united fraternity.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
The promise of assisting non-government and government organizations in relief works, rehabilitation, research, and documentation to serve the community.
CREATING A PLATFORM
The organization is a forum for everything an undergraduate architecture student should know, learn, and seek: to showcase and share critical ideas.
Together we work, for the students, by the students and of the students”, through an elected council for, every student is represented in the organization. The students are the strength. To strengthen the students, the organization is principled to work with democracy creating a legacy of 62 years and counting.
The genesis started with seven colleges in 1957 to 300 to date and counting.
It was established in 1957 with seven colleges, namely,
- Sir J. J. College of Architecture, Mumbai.
- Bandra School of Art & Architecture.
- Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur.
- Dept. Of Architecture, University of Roorkee.
- Dept. Of Architecture, IIT, Kharagpur.
- School of Architecture, Dept of T&CP, Delhi University.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University, Hyderabad
ZONE DIVISION ACROSS INDIA
Associated colleges across the country are divided into six zones according their location.
ZONE 1- 62 Colleges
ZONE 2- 44 Colleges
ZONE 3- 38 Colleges
ZONE 4- 29 Colleges
ZONE 5- 48 Colleges
ZONE 6- 77 Colleges
Now also colleges from neighbouring nations like Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Australia, Malaysia have been participating since last 5 years.
NASA India hosts various events like,
- The Annual NASA Design Competition (ANDC)
- Seminars, Workshops
- Panel Discussions
- Arch Talk Series
- Zonal NASA Conventions
- Laurie Baker Centre Workshops
- The Annual NASA Conventions
OmDayal Group of Institutions – Architecture Department (Z432)
OmDayal Group of Institutions – Architecture Department has been in association with NASA and it’s committee for the past seven years. The students here are quite accustomed with the different procedures and methods of preparation required for the various events conducted by NASA. They also know how the different colleges across the zones are related with NASA and its activities.
OmDayal Group of Institutions – Architecture Department has a very inspiring environment where every member is considered a part of the growing family of the architecture faculty. The students here have shown enthusiasm in learning and their honest efforts are nurtured and fostered by our dedicated professors.
OmDayal Group of Institutions – Architecture Department has established a strong foothold for itself within a very short span of time. The students here put their best foot forward under all circumstances. Not only maintained a consistent pace in escalating the rank list but has also proven to be a stiff competitor for the other colleges. With the commendable past records and sheer zeal to win the odds, we hope to grow and succeed exponentially in the near future.
OmDayal Group of Institutions – Architecture Department is included in the zone 4.
In 2019, OmDayal Group of Institutions – Architecture Department got recognized as a member college, uplifted from the position of participating observer status.
NASA Participation of OmDayal Group of Institutions 2015- 2018
The Zonal NASA convention for Zone4 was held at Invertis University, Bareilly, during October 2016. The Unit of ODSA comprised of 42 students. Despite many events being cancelled our college came out 6th overall with many trophies the major ones as mentioned below: –
1. Main Design 1- Special Mention-1
2. Design 30- Special Mention-1
3. Convention Trophy- Special Mention-1
4. Fashion Show- First Prize
5. Journalism- First Prize
6. R-Factor- Second Prize7. Small Scale Production- Special Mention-1
Our team received huge appreciation from all the other participating teams and the team returned home with light hearts and big smiles with the zeal to do even better next time.
This year the 60th NASA was held in Vagamon, Kerala. A group of 40 students were sent to represent our college at the national convention for Architectural students. Workshops and the inauguration program were held in the amphitheatre where our students proudly represented our college. Our entry of NASA convention’s GSEN Trophy sheet was selected in the top 10.
61st Annual NASA Convention 2019
- Laurie Baker
- Mohammad Shaheer Landscape
- Student Of the Year (Winner)
62nd Annual NASA Convention 2020
ANDC top 24 shortlisting
Entry 1 – Sinjan Das and his team
Entry 2 – Munzareen fatma and her team
- Citation in LBC trophy (Sinjan Das, Sreya Acharyya, Shibam Ghosh, Ayan Purkaite, Gangotri Ganguly, Niranjana Sarkar, Paramita Mukherjee, Pathikrit Sengupta, Shinjini Bose)
- Gsen shortlisted (Ayan Debnath, Rohan Samanta, Ayantika Howlader)
- Griha shortlisted (Sayan Mandal, Sreya Paul, Mallika Dey, Srijita Banerjee)
- landscape shortlisted
Entry 1 (Arnab Gon, Munzareen Fatma, Sudeep Roy, Pranjal Ghosh, Jyotirmoy Mondal)
Entry 2 (Debashruti Majumdar, Pramita Basu, Sneha Chakraborty)
- Ethos shortlisted (Debarpan Dey, Suman Majumdar)
63rd Annual NASA Convention 2021
ANDC Top 110 – Animesh Das and team, Koustav Bhadra and team
ANDC Top 24 – Koustav Bhadra and team
Shortlisted in Writing Architecture (Sreetama Pal, Paramita Mukherjee, Biyas Chakrabarty)
Shortlisted in Laurie Baker Trophy (Subhrajyoti Nag and team)
Citation II in Destech Challenge (Rishav Ranjan Sinha, Animesh Das, Tahajul Middya, Anushka Guha, Monalisa Nandi)Special Mention in Destech Challenge (AdrishKundu, HritwikSarkar, Arindam Roy , Swaroopa Nandi, MandiraSarkar)
ZONASA – NASA ZONAL EVENT (ZONE-4)
ZONASA – NASA ZONAL EVENT (ZONE-4) 2018
- Citation 1(1st prize) in Main design-1
- 1st prize in Fashion trophy(cultural event)
- 3rd in Laxmanjhula(informal event)
- 3rd in Rum runner(fun event)
ZONASA – NASA ZONAL EVENT (ZONE-4) 2019
- Citation in Reubens 200 points
- Special mention in D24 50 points
- Special mention in Convention Trophy 50 points
ZONASA – NASA ZONAL EVENT (ZONE-4) 2021
1st Runner up
- QUIZ (SPECIAL EVENT): Udisha Sarkar(RUNNERS UP)
- MAQUILLAGE (SPECIAL EVENT): Debanjali Paul (SPECIAL MENTION)
- CAHOOTS (FORMAL EVENT): Rituparna Roy (GROUP 5, CITATION) Udisha Sarkar(GROUP 3, SPECIAL MENTION)
- D36 (FORMAL EVENT): Atreya Saha, Sneha Mukherjee, Sayori Dutta, Tushar Bhardwaj, Debarati Bhaumik (shortlisted)