Chemistry is one of the basic science Departments which put all possible efforts to build up the solid base for students to achieve their career goals. The Department acts as an active catalyst to develop perfect approach to unlock their hidden talent and lay a solid foundation of basic concepts for innovative future. The Department of Chemistry was founded in the year 2010 and since then it is steadily developing day by day. The Department provides innovative and quality education with high standard to achieve academic excellence. The Department of Chemistry has well qualified, dedicated team of caring faculty members who are actively involved in teaching and research. The teaching module comprises of lectures, tutorials and practical along with various other initiatives. The methodology adopted in the classroom teaching is based on the application of innovation strategies, comprehensive lectures, regular assignments and active interaction between teachers and students.
The Department has Chemistry laboratory which is fully equipped with adequate chemicals, reagents and state of the art instrumental facilities such as:
- Digital pH-meter
- Digital Conductivity meter
- Digital Balance
- Distillation Unit
- Hot plate
- Hot air oven
- Water bath
- Redwood viscometer no.1
- Pensky-Martens Flash point apparatus
- Thin Layer Chromatography Apparatus
|1st||1st||Chemistry – I (EE)
Chemistry-I Laboratory (EE)
|2nd||Chemistry – I (CSE/CE/ME)
Chemistry-I Laboratory (CSE/CE/ME)
|2nd||3rd||Biology For Engineers (CE/ME/EE)
Life Science Laboratory (CE)
|4th||Biology For Engineers (CSE)
Environmental Science (CSE/EE/ME)
Events and Activities
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra is acting as the Chairman of Research Advisory Committee of two Ph.D scholars of MAKAUT, WB
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra is the member of Research Advisory Committee of two Ph.D scholars of MAKAUT, WB
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra as a Co-Coordinator organized a poster presentation contest on the occasion of National Science Day on 28.02.2023
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra delivered a PPT Presentation on “Model Curriculum for B. Tech program” about MOOCs on 22.12.2022
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra assisted in organizing the Academic Audit on 26.09.2022
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra assisted students to perform Hands on Experiments in Chemistry in Technical Fest Voyage 2022
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra as a Co-Coordinator arranged a Swaach Bharat Abhijan Campaign outside the college campus
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra conducted the Workshop on ‘Capacity Building in Outcome Based Education (OBE) Teaching Methods’ on 02.05.2022
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra as a Co-Coordinator organized the Matribhasa Diwas Celebration on 21.02.2022
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra as a Co-Cordinator organized a PPT presentation Competition on the occasion of National science Day on 28.02.2022
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra was the Organizing Secretary of the DST Inspire Science Camp “Vigyan Manas – VI” held from 13 – 17 January 2020
Seminar Topic Name of the speaker and present organization Anthropocene and Human Diseases Dr. Partha Chakrabarti, Principal Scientist in Cell Biology & Physiology in Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata Understanding molecules in Solid state! How and Why? Dr. Debajyoti Ghoshal, Associate Professor, Dept of Chemistry, JU State Water Scenario and its Mitigations Options: special reference to Arsenic and Fluoride Dr. Tarit Roychowdhury, Associate Professor, School of Environmental Studies, Jadavpur University
- List of eminent academicians and visitors for Special lectures:
|1||Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra||Associate Professor & HOD||Inorganic Chemistry||18 years in teaching|
|2||Ms. Anupa Sinha||Assistant Professor||Organic Chemistry||4 years in teaching|
- S. Chandra, R.N. Saha, P. Pal. (2018) Assessment of Arsenic Toxicity and Tolerance Characteristics of Bean Plants Exposed to Different Species of Arsenic —– Journal of Plant Nutrition 2018, Vol. 41, No. 3, 340–347
- S. Chandra, R.N. Saha, P. Pal. (2016) Arsenic Uptake and Accumulation in Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) as Affected by Different Arsenical Speciation —– Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 96 : 395 – 400
- S. Chandra, R.N. Saha, P. Pal. (2014) Evaluation of Arsenic Accumulation in the Vegetables okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) and bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) Grown in Contaminated Soils. —- International Journal of Scientific Research Vol : 3, Issue : 7
- Participated and presented a Poster in TEQIP-II, DST & CSIR sponsored National Conference on ‘Recent Developments in Chemistry – 2013, (RDC – 2013)’ during October 3 – 5, 2013 organised by the Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur.
Seminar / Workshops / Conference attended by Faculty:
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra attended a Seminar on “Open Educational Resources” sponsored by AICTE on 27.12.2022.
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra attended a Session on “NBA Accreditation” organized by MAKAUT on 12.08.2022.
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra attended AICTE sponsored ATAL FDP on “Green Technology and Sustainability” from 21.02.2022 to 25.02.2022 organized by NIT, Durgapur
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra attended FDP on “Role of Basic Sciences in Emerging Technologies (RBSET-2022)” from 09.03.2022 to 14.03.2022 organized by GMR Institute of Technology National Institute of Technology Mizoram
- Dr. Das Chandra has been awarded certificate for being the Active SPOC of Active Local Chapter of NPTEL for the session Jan-April 2022
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra participated in the NPTEL E-Awareness workshop on 23rd December 2021organized by IIT, Madras
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra participated in NAAC sponsored one day online seminar on ‘‘Qualitative & Quantitative Metrics in RAAF of NAAC” on 17th Sep 2021 organized by Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Thandalam, Chennai.
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra also attended the AICTE sponsored Webinar on AICTE Scholarship/Fellowship/Internship schemes for the students of UG/Diploma/PG Courses on 16th September 2021
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra also attended the Webinar on AICTE Quality Initiatives on 1st October 2021
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra participated in One Day Webinar on “Advance Level Study on Chemical Sciences” held on 23rd September 2020 organized by Department of Chemistry, School of Sciences, Netaji Subhas Open University, West Bengal India1
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra participated in the two days State Level Faculty Development Programme on “Quality Sustenance and Enhancement Parameters – NAAC and NIRF Ranking Framework” organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Marudhar Kesari Jain College For Women, Vaniyambadi from 06/08/2020 to 07/08/2020.
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra participated in the online Orientation Session for SPOCs on 29th June 2020 organized by NPTEL Local Chapter.
- Dr. Sukanya Das Chandra attended NPTEL SPOC Workshop (East Zone) organized by IIT Kharagpur on 1st February, 2020 at Royal Bengal Rooms, City Centre – 1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata 700 064. Dr. Das Chandra has been awarded certificate for being the Active SPOC of Active Local Chapter of NPTEL for the session Jul-Dec 2019
- To promote departmental research.
- To organize international conferences, seminars and workshops to disseminate in the field of emerging trends in Chemistry.
- To conduct more number of syllabus oriented seminar from students.
Science is responsible for making students technology-minded. Rational and developmental technology is the future of a better society. For this purpose, our department has been engaged in imparting proper education to the students from the very beginning. In OmDayal Group of Institutions, Department of Physics was established in the year 2010. The department has been providing quality learning experiences through effective classroom practices, active learning styles of teaching, and opportunities for meaningful interactions between students and faculty. The department started its activity as a supporting department of all other Engineering departments. The basic aim of it is to teach the engineering students in such a way that they cross the departmental academic hurdles smoothly and can become a successful engineer. Regular class tests, presentations, assignments in the form of short project work, problem sheets on innovative theoretical approach are regularly taken to make the learning process easier and effective..
Department of Physics has two well equipped laboratories. Various experiments from different branches of Physics such as General Properties of Matter, Electricity & Magnetism, Optics, Semiconductor Physics, Quantum Mechanics etc are conducted.
Experiments in Optics
- Determination of dispersive power of the material of a prism
- Determination of wavelength of a monochromatic light by Newton’s ring
Electricity & Magnetism experiments
- Determination of specific charge (e/m) of electron by J.J. Thompson’s method.
- Determination of Hall coefficient of a semiconductor by four probe method.
- Determination of resistance of ballistic galvanometer by half deflection method and study of variation of logarithmic decrement with series resistance.
- Determination of unknown resistance using Carey Foster’s bridge
Experiments in Quantum Physics
- Determination of Stefan-Boltzmann constant.
- Determination of Rydberg constant by studying Hydrogen spectrum.
- Determination of Band gap of semiconductor.
- To study current voltage characteristics, load response, areal characteristic and spectral response of a photovoltaic solar cell.
- Determination of Young’s modulus of elasticity of the material of a bar by the method of flexure
- Determination of modulus of rigidity of the material of a rod by static method
- Determination of rigidity modulus of the material of a wire by dynamic method
- To determine the moment of inertia of a body about an axis passing through its centre of gravity and to determine the modulus of rigidity of the material of the suspended wire
- Determination of coefficient of viscosity by Poiseulle’s capillary flow method.
|1st||1st||Physics-I (CE, ME, CSE)
Physics-I Laboratory (CE, ME, CSE)
Physics-I Laboratory (EE)
|2nd||3rd||Electro Magnetic Field Theory (EE)|
Events & Activities
- One of the project model guided by Mr. Arghya Dey has been selected for Physical Presentation at MANIT, Bhopal on 22nd-23rd January, 2023 during Student’s Innovation Festival, India International Science Festival (IISF) 2022 Bhopal and it got second best prize in its category.
- Mr. Arghya Dey being Coordinator helped to organize Poster Presentation Competition on the occasion of National science Day on 28.02.2023.
- Arghya Dey Coordinate the program ‘HAR GHAR TIRANGA’ on the occasion of Azadi ki Amrit Mahotsav on 13.08.2022-15.08.2022.
- Mr. Arghya Dey arranged an one day industrial tour for 1st year students of B.Tech on 22 December 2021 to PARLE-G,Dhulagh, HOWRAH.
- Mr. Arghya Dey helped to organize INSPIRE Science Camp: 6 at college campus from 13-17 January, 2020 funded by DST, Govt. of India.
- As the assistant coordinator of Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC), Mr. Arghya Dey helped to organizing Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp which held at college campus from 18-20 March, 2019 with the help of Department of Science and Technology and Biotechnology (WB).
- Mr. Arghya Dey being Assistant Coordinator of the Institute Induction Program Cell (IIPC) helped to organize Student Induction program for 1st year newly admitted students from 2-22 August 2019.
- Physics Department organized students’ PPT presentation programme on certain “Beyond the syllabus” topics in 15th November, 2018 for first and second year students.
- The Physics Department also contributed to organize DST INSIPRE Science Camp in the College Campus with the help from DST, Govt. of India for the year 2016 and 2017.
- List of eminent academicians and visitors for Special lectures:
Title Speaker Nano Science and its application Prof. Sukhen Das, Jadavpur University Beauty of Plasma Prof. Mridul Bose Jadavpur University Recent trends in Science Prof. Dipak Ghosh, Jadavpur University Idea, Creativity, Innovation, through Motivation Shri Amiya Kr. Kalidaha, DST Govt. Of WB
|Mr. Arghya Dey||Astrophysics, Plasma Physics||Assistant Professor||12 years|
|Mr. Vivekananda Mukherjee||Material Science||Assistant Professor||15 years|
Seminar, Conferences, Workshops and Training attended by Faculty:
- Mr. Arghya Dey participated and successfully completed 5-days “Faculty Development Program for Student Induction (FDP-SI) UHV-II” during 22nd August – 26th August 2022 at Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, organized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Mr. Arghya Dey attended 2nd ICC EDTECH SUMMIT” Organized by Indian Chamber of Commerce at Taj Bengal (Venue) on 11th August 2022.
- Mr. Arghya Dey successfully completed the FDP on “Role of Basic Sciences in Emerging Technologies (RBSET-2022)” Organized by GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam, Andhra Pradesh in collaboration with National Institute of Technology Mizoram from 9th march to 14th March 2022.
- Mr. Arghya Dey successfully completed the ATAL-FDP on “Electrical Vehicles : Technologies and Challenges ” Organized by A D Patel Institute of Technology from 20th July – 24th July 2021.
- Mr. Arghya Dey attended Webinar on “Complex Systems and Dynamics- Complex Cluster” Organized by IITM Research Initiatives on 2nd July 2021.
- Mr. Arghya Dey attended AICTE sponsored 6 day’s STTP “Hands on Training on Art of Writing Technical Paper” Organized by MAKAUT from 1st June-6th June 2021.
- Mr. Arghya Dey attended AICTE sponsored 4-days Professional Development Program on “Online Course on Examination Reforms”, 29 April to 2 May 2020.
- Mr. Arghya Dey participated and successfully completed 7-days “Faculty Development Program for Student Induction (FDP-SI)” during 30 June – 6 July 2019 at IIT Mandi, Mandi organized by All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE).
- To promote academic excellence by taking specific steps as suggested by NAAC and NBA such as Organizing seminar and relevant science workshop on “Engineering thought based on knowledge of Science”.
- Helping students in preparing mini projects.
- To adopt appropriate academic plans for better academic results based on the course.
There is a quote by the famous German mathematician Karl Friedrich Gauss “Mathematics is the queen of all sciences”. He was quite justified because without mathematics, existence of any kind of science is impossible. Mathematics being the most basic of sciences and the backbone of all engineering disciplines department started to shape the young engineers of the country since the inception of the Institute.
The Department of Mathematics of OmDayal Group of Institutions started functioning along with the establishment of the College in the year 2010. Our Department provides a strong foundation of Mathematical basics which are building blocks of all subjects of Engineering and Architecture fields. The objective of the department is to impart quality education to the engineering students in mathematics so that they can apply the mathematical knowledge to the problems arising in various disciplines of engineering, Science and technology. At present the department consists of four faculty members.
The department has set up a well equipped laboratory with three computers, and mathematical software like MATLAB installed in theses computers in order to carry on the research work and numerical simulations.
Mathematics being an important part of Engineering as well as Architecture, it is associated with all the Courses. Following are the details of the theory and practical subjects that are being taken by the faculty members of the Department of Mathematics.
|1st||1st||Research Methodology & Statistic Analysis (MArch)
|2nd||3rd||Mathematics-III (Differential Calculus) (CSE)
Mathematics-III (Transform and Discrete Mathematics)(CE)
Numerical Methods Laboratory (EE)
|4th||Discrete Mathematics (CSE)
Environmental Science (CSE/EE/ME)
|3rd||6th||Numerical Methods (CSE)
Operations Research (ME)
|4th||7th||Operations Research (CSE)|
Events and Activities
- The Department, in association with GATEFORUM conducted a one day seminar on Engineering Mathematics dated 16th September, 2018. One renowned faculty from Hyderabad was the speaker
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen was the Convener of the DST Inspire Science Camp “Vigyan Manas- VI” from 13-17 January 2020 at the ODGI college campus.
- The Department organized a Poster presentation Competition to celebrate the national Science Day on 28th February 2020. Students of B. Tech 1st Year took part in the program.
- The Department organized an Online Mathematics Quiz Competition to Celebrate the National Mathematics Day on 21st December 2021. Students of B. Tech 1st and 2nd year took part in the program.
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen has been enlisted as the PhD. Supervisor of the MAKAUT. At present 3 students have already enrolled and started the research work under him and pursuing their research work under the guidance of him and 2 other students have expressed their willingness to start the research work under his guidance.
- The department organized a Quiz Competition for the students of other schools who attended the college Tech Fest Voyage 2022 on 23.09.2022 and 24.09.2022.
- The department organized a seminar titled “Mathematics and its application” on 16.12.2022. Dr. Soovoojeet Jana, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Ramsaday College, Howrah, West Bengal was the guest speaker. The Convener of the Program was Mr. Anoar Ali Mollah, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Mr. Debojyoti Lahari, Assistant Professor, Mathematics delivered a lecture on the Exam System of the University for the 1st Year students on the day of the Orientation Program of the 1st Year on National Mathematics Day i.e. on 22.12.2022.
- The Faculty members have made notable contribution in publishing the departmental news letter each year.
- List of eminent academicians and visitors for Special lecture:
Sl. No. Name of the Person Institute / Organization 1 Prof. Sukumar Das Adhikari Dept. of Mathematics
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
2 Prof. Guruprasad Samanta Dept. of Mathematics, IIEST, Shibpur 3 Prof. Tapan Kumar Roy Dept. of Mathematics, IIEST, Shibpur 4 Dr. Alakes Maiti Dept. of Mathematics,
Vidyasagar Evening College, Kolkata
5 Dr. Soovoojeet Jana Department of Mathematics, Ramsaday College, Howrah
|1||Dr. Prosenjit Sen||Associate Professor & Vice Principal||Mathematical Biology, Complex Analysis||16 years in teaching|
|2||Mr. Debojyoti Lahari||Assistant Professor||Applied Mathematics||9 years in teaching|
|3||Mr. Anoar Ali Molla||Assistant Professor||Applied Mathematics||6 years in teaching|
|4||Ms. Layli Mitra||Assistant Professor||Applied Mathematics||23 years in teaching|
- A. Maiti, P. Sen, D. Manna, and G.P. Samanta, A predator-prey system with herd behaviour and strong Allee effect, Nonlinear Dynamics and Systems Theory, 16(1) (2016), 86–101.
- A. Maiti, P. Sen, and G.P. Samanta, Deterministic and stochastic analysis of a prey-predator model with herd behaviour in both, Systems Science & Control Engineering, 4(1) (2016), 259–269.
- G.P. Samanta, P. Sen, and A. Maiti, A delayed epidemic model of diseases through droplet infection and direct contact with saturation incidence and pulse vaccination, Systems Science & Control Engineering, 4(1) (2016), 320–333.
- P. Sen, A. Maiti, and G.P. Samanta, Dynamics of a symbiotic model with herd behaviour and strong Allee effect, Neural, Parallel, and Scientific Computations, 25 (2017), 149–164.
- A. Maiti, P. Sen, and G.P. Samanta, A SIQR model with a nonlinear incidence, Journal of Ultra Scientist of Physical Sciences (JUSPS-A), 30(2) (2018), 143–152.
- A. Maiti, P. Sen, and G.P. Samanta, Analysis of an SIQR model, Journal of Ultra Scientist of Physical Sciences (JUSPS-A), 30(3) (2018), 218–226.
- P. Sen, A. Maiti, and G.P. Samanta, A competition model with herd behaviour and Allee effect, Filomat, 33(8), 2529–2542, 2019.
- S. Hazra, P. Sen and S. K. Datta, On the integrated moduli of logarithmic derivative of order two of entire functions and their relative deficiencies, Bull. Cal. Math. Soc. 114 (3) (2022), 317-330
- S. Sarkar, P. Sen and S. K. Datta, Derivation of integrated moduli of second order logarithmic derivative of entire functions and relative deficiencies of their common roots, Bull. Cal. Math. Soc. 114 (3) (2022), 355-372
- J. Saha, P. Sen and S. K. Datta, A note on the ring of complex hyperbolic valued function, Bull. Cal. Math. Soc. 114 (5) (2022), 617-632
- P. Sen, A. Maiti, and G.P. Samanta, Analysis of a predator-prey system with strong Allee effect and herd behaviour, Communicated.
- R. Sarkar, P. Sen and S. K. Datta, COMMON FIXED POINT THEOREMS UNDER RATIONAL INEQUALITY IN COMPLEX VALUED METRIC SPACES, Communicated.
- P. Sen, A. Maiti, and G.P. Samanta, Modelling herd behaviour of predator and prey: a predator-prey model with Allee, Communicated.
Seminar, Conferences, Workshops and Training attended by Faculty:
- Dr.Prosenjit Sen attended a webinar on “Online Teaching” organized by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad university of Technology on 07.06.2020.
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen attended a webinar on “Mathematical Prospective of COVID 19 outbreak: Predictions & Precautions, Preventive Measures” from 11.06.2020 to 12.06.2020 organized by Sidho-Kanho- Birsha University.
- Dr. Prosnjit Sen attended a webinar “Engineering tomorrow: New fields, Newer Prospects” by ABP Education on 13.06.2020.
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen attended a webinar on “The role of mathematical modelling in COVID 19 pandemic Response: Main Challenges” which was organized by VijaygarJyotish Ray College On 22.06.2020.
- Dr. Prosenjt Sen attended a webinar on “Mathematical Models in Epidemiology in Connection with the COVID-19” on 23.06.2020 organized by Vellore Institute of Technology.
- Dr. Prosenjt Sen attended a webinar “The Sky & Beyond” on 23.06.2020 organized by the Bhowanipur Education Society College.
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen attended a webinar on “Recent Trends on COVID-19 Mathematical Modellings and their social impact ” On 30.06.2020
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen attended a webinar on “Ramification of some precautions for controlling disease under the global sustainable supply chain management” organized by the NarasinghaDutt College, Howrah on 03.07.2020.
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen attended a webinar on “Mathematical & Statistical Modeling of Infectious Diseases relevant to COVID-19” organized by Assam University, Silchar on 08.07.2020.
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen attended a webinar on “Mathematical modeling of Covid-19 propagation kinetics: herd immunity to containment” organized by Prabhu Jagabandhu College, Howrah on 15.07.2020.
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen attended a webinar organized by S. A. Jaipuria College, Kolkata, titled “Application of Mathematics” On 11.08.2020.
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen participated in a online workshop on “Mathematical modelling and & MATLAB applications” organized by NIT Uttarakhand & SLIET Longowal from 24.08.20 to 25.08.20
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen participated in a Online training on MATLAB & LATEX organized by Aacharya from 16.05.21 to 26.06.21
- Dr. Prosenjit Sen participated in National Webinar on THE ROLE OF INDIAN MATHEMATICS FROM VEDIC ERA by Vijaygarh Jyotish Ray College, University of Calcutta on 23.12.21
- Mr. Debojyoti Lahari, Coordinator of Examination Committee, attended a workshop at Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University, Salt Lake Campus on 26th September 2019 regarding Continuous Assessment, New Exam Regulations and Digital Evaluation System.
- Mr. Debojyoti Lahari participated in an online Training Program on ‘Examination Reforms’ organized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) from 29th April to 2nd May, 2020
- Mr. Debojyoti Lahari participated in an online Faculty Development Program On “Fuzzy Sets and Systems” organized by Patrician College of Arts and Science, Chennai on 16th May 2020.
- Mr. Anoar Ali Mollah attended a webinar titled “International Webinar on the role of Applied Mathematics in present Global crisis” from 05.08.2020 to 07.08.2020 organized by Vidyasagar University, Midnapore
- Mr. Anoar Ali Mollah attended a webinar titled “International webinar on Fundamental Mathematics” from 12.08.2020 to 14.08.2020 organized by the Assam Kaziranga University.
- Mr. Anoar Ali Mollah Participated in a webinar titled “Mathematics and Mathematicians from Vedic to present pandemic” from 11.07.2020 to 12.07.2020 which was organized by the BanwarilalBhalotia College, Asansol.
- Mr. Anoar Ali Mollah attended a webinar on 11.08.2020 organized by S. A. Jaipuria College on “Application of Mathematics”
- Mr. Anoar Ali Mollah participated in National Webinar on THE ROLE OF INDIAN MATHEMATICS FROM VEDIC ERA by Vijaygarh Jyotish Ray College, University of Calcutta on 23.12.21
- Mr. Debojyoti Lahari and Mr. Anoar Ali Mollah participated in an online FDP program “The Role of Basic Science in Emerging Technologies” from 09.03.2022 to 14.03.2022 organized by NIT Mizoram and GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam, Andhra Pradesh
- . Mr. Anoar Ali Mollah participate in an online ATAL FDP program “Energy Engineering” from 21.02.2022 to 25.02.2022 organized by Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DU), Pune, Maharashtra
There is a separate Mathematics Research Lab for numerical simulation. Dr. Prosenjit Sen of Mathematics Department under Science and Humanities is guiding 3 research scholars under MAKAUT. Another two students have applied for the enrollment in the PhD program under the guidance of him. The details of present Ph.D. scholar are given below.
|Scholar Name||Thesis Title||Co Supervisor||Status|
|Jayanta Saha||Some aspects of growth analysis of higher dimensional complex valued functions and their applications||Prof.(Dr.) S.K. Datta||Ongoing|
|Rakesh Sarkar||On the study of fixed point theorems in higher dimensional complex valued metric spaces|
|Surajit Hazra||A new dimensional approach to the study of deficiencies and its inverse analogue of complex valued functions of higher order|
- To promote the research work in the field of Mathematics.
- To organize a seminar to highlight the innovation in Mathematics and Computing.
The Department of Humanities armed with qualified Faculty members, firmly believes in developing interpersonal communication between students and teachers as well as creating an environment that will synergistically link scientific developments of thoughts to enhance the socio linguistic, managerial and humanistic development of the country. It focuses on building social, Communicative and managerial skills among students so that they develop a humanistic approach towards the society, environment and the nation. The core spirit of the Department is to instill values through co curricular activities. Through various competitions and activities, the department facilitates in honing the latent talent to develop a holistic foundation thus integrating humanistic values amongst students. The study of Humanities and Management aims to develop the students’ mind to understand the needs of the stakeholders of education, technology and look at the larger perspectives of the global economy. Teaching methods have been customized to understand the need of the engineering student to gain clarity in management concepts. Through the use of innovative pedagogical techniques, like videos, films, documentaries, case studies approach, power point presentations, project work, sharing managerial experiences in actual internship, handling men and resources in their own entrepreneurial ventures, the department is able to bring about an integrated teaching learning approach. The department has two major disciplines: Management and English.
The Department boasts of a well equipped Language Lab having the latest version of ORELL software to hone in the four communicative skills. Students are encouraged to enroll for NPTEL certification courses for Developing Soft Skills and Personality which helps them to reinforce their Communicative skills. Aptitude skills are developed through external agencies like AMCAT and COCUBES.
Events & Activities
- Rajlekha Sil organised the Matribhasha Diwas Celebration on 21.02.2022
- Rajlekha Sil organised an Impromptu Speaking Competition with B.Tech first year students on 15.03.2022, under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat initiative
- Pradipta Biswas actively involved in inviting the school students in Tech fest “VOYAGE 2022”.
- Pradipta Biswas successfully confirmed the participation in the quiz and the preamble recitation by the students arranged by the Gov. of India, Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, on The Constitution Day.
- Rajlekha Sil successfully arranged a Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Campaign outside the college premises on 02.09.2022.
- Rajlekha Sil successfully organized a profile building seminar and workshop on 15.09.2022 for B.Tech second and Third year students.
- Rajlekha Sil successfully managed media activities during Tech fest “VOYAGE 2022”.
- Rajlekha Sil organized a powerpoint presentation on Electoral Literacy with first year B.Tech students on 16.12.2022 and 23.12.2022.
- Rajlekha Sil organised the International Women’s Day celebration on 3.03.2023
|1||Mr. Pradipta Biswas||Assistant Professor||Economics and Management||12 years|
|2||Ms. Rajlekha Sil||Assistant Professor||English||4 years|
|3||Ms. Rudra Rishita||Assistant Professor||Marketing||3 years|
|4||Mr. Bhaskar Mukherjee||Assistant Professor||Comparative Literature||33 years|
|5||Ms. Sudeshna Seal||Assistant Professor||Human Resource||20 years|
|6||Mr. Pradip Bhattacharjee||Assistant Professor||Marketing||7 years|
|7||Mr. Santanu Banerjee||Assistant Professor||Finance & Marketing||15 years|
|8||Anubrati Majumder||Assistant Professor||Communicative English||3 years|
Seminar, Conferences, Workshops and Training attended by Faculty:
- Pradipta Biswas has successfully completed two FDPs titled ‘Ethics in Engineering Practice‘ and ‘Financial Institutions and Markets’ under NPTEL (SWAYAM) from 21.02.2022 to 15.04.2022 and 24.01.2022 to 15.04.2022 respectively
- Pradipta Biswas Participated in a workshop on ‘Digital Marketing’ organized by MAKAUT.
- Rajlekha Sil has attained a Duolingo Certification in Advanced English, securing150 out of 160
- Rajlekha Sil presented a paper titled Ray’s Use of Liminal Space and Female Gaze : A Reading of Oscillating Moralities in ‘Charulata’ and ‘Ghare Baire’ in John Foundation Journal of EduSpark (ISSN 2581-8414 (Print) ISSN 2582-2128 (Online) Vol. 4/ Issue. 1
- Rajlekha Sil presented a paper in the conference Manik Darshan, Jadavpur University (Literary Society), Kolkata, April 2021
- Rajlekha Sil attended a Faculty Development Programme on ‘Dynamics and Complexities of HR Practices in Higher Educational Institutions’, organised by National Institute of Pharmaceuticals Education and Research, Hyderabad, under AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy (All India Council for Technical Education) October, 2021
- Rajlekha Sil attended a Faculty Development Programme on ‘Literary Theory’, organized by Krishnakamal Girl’s College, Coimbatore January 2022
- Organising events such as seminars, workshops and soft skill development class
- Organising cultural events as and when required
- Publishing future issues of the departmental newsletter