Research is the backbone of academics. It simplifies concept building and transforms new ideas into innovations in pursuance of a new era of passion for researches. Each finding gives immense pleasure and multiplies enthusiasm towards achieving target. Every Department creates awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among the faculty and students and to create Research and Development atmosphere in every department. Departments encourage faculties and students to publish technical papers for publishing in National and reputed International Conferences/ Journals.
Ongoing Research Activities
Department of Architecture
- The Department of Architecture of the College with the collaboration of ICOMOS has an ongoing research project related to a comprehensive thematic study of heritage structures of 20th century across the country. This particular research work focuses on the assessment of historical built forms from the colonial era of pro-independence time to post independence time, thereby narrating the socio-cultural, socio-political as well as socio economic scenario focusing on the city of Kolkata’s overall chaotic urban growth, which is piece-meal in nature, creating haphazard spatial environment, and thus ignoring the landmark heritage structures. Thus, an intervention is necessary based on certain parameters and sub parameters for the identification of ‘value based heritage assets’ and its related process for conservation of the same, so that the undocumented legacy of the 20th century can be identified.
- The next research project which is under process will be a combined study of 2nd Year as well as 3rd year students of the Department focusing on the slowly disappearing built forms of certain neighborhoods of the city and its suburbs. In this context, a research work will be carried out based on photographic identification of built heritage structures and thereby establishing their significant roles in the overall urban fabric of Kolkata. Accordingly, an attempt will be made to synthesize the outcome of this research work in a structured and sequential manner.
- Use of locally available materials, like bamboo and hogla, in various building materials. This requires laboratory work and tie ups with various testing agencies and research institutes have been contemplated.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Automatic Number plate detection and recognition from surveillance camera image
- The institute registered as a participating institute in the country’s biggest challenge Smart India Hackathon 2022 which is a nationwide initiative to provide students with a platform to solve some of the pressing problems we face in our daily lives, and thus inculcate a culture of product innovation and a mindset of problem-solving organized by AICTE, Ministry of Education, Govt. of India & MoE’s INNOVATION CELL, Govt. of India.
Department of Civil Engineering
- Effect of plinth beam on seismic response of RCC frame structure.
- Analysis of various groundwater recharge estimation techniques, and thereby promoting a legal framework.
- Rooftop rainwater harvesting by recycling method
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Prediction of tool and chip temperature in continuous and interrupted machining.
Department of Electrical Engineering:
- LC in Automation
- Wireless Charger
- SPV Plant Monitoring System
- Foot Step Electric generation using Piezoelectric Sensor
- Solar Inverter
Department of Science and Humanities:
Science & Humanities Department of our college encourages the students and faculty to undertake the research in newly emerging frontier areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities including multidisciplinary fields and for participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, project competition, etc. In Chemistry Laboratory time to time analysis of drinking water of boys and girls hostel as well as college canteen is done to prove its quality. There is a separate Mathematics Research Lab for numerical simulation.
Dr. Prosenjit Sen of our Department is guiding 3 research scholars under MAKAUT. The details of Ph.D. scholar are given below.
|Scholar Name||Thesis Title||Co Supervisor||Status|
|Jayanta Saha||Some aspects of growth analysis of higher dimensional complex valued functions and their applications||Prof.(Dr.) S.K. Datta||Ongoing|
|Rakesh Sarkar||On the study of fixed point theorems in higher dimensional complex valued metric spaces|
|Surajit Hazra||A new dimensional approach to the study of deficiencies and its inverse analogue of complex valued functions of higher order|
Publication activities of all the departments
|Department||No. of Journal publication (National)||No. of Journal publication (International)||No. of Conference Attended||No. of Seminar attended||No. of Webinar Attended||No. of Books authored||No. of Books Chapter published||No. of FDP attended||No. of Member of Professional Bodies|
|Science & Humanities||4||9||X||7||23||X||X||3||3|